Updated: Mar 30
Eight Treasures Tea is a famous Chinese herbal tea originating from Yunnan China and used by the emperor and the royals as a secret recipe for beauty, longevity and youthfulness. The special eight treasures tea contains green tea, red dates, ginseng, goji berries, longan, rose buds and chrysanthemum and rock sugar. The eight treasures tea has a sweet, light and fruity delicious fragrance.
1) Red dates are labelled by the Chinese and Korean as "the King of nuts" for their super nutritional value. Red dates contain vitamin A, B1, B2, protein, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. Red dates help to stimulate the production of white blood cells which improves immunity and protect liver.
2) Gingseng is believed to provide an energy boost, lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, reduce stress, promote relaxation and treat diabetes
3) Goji berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine to manage diabetes and high blood pressure, According to many scientific studies and NHS Choice, goji berries are alleged to boost the immune system and brain activity. Goji berries also contain vitamin C, vitamin B2, vitamin A, iron, selenium and other antioxidants properties to benefit our health.
4) Rose buds contain a high concentration of vitamin C which by far surpasses the levels in fresh fruits like orange, tomato and grapefruit. This makes it a great herbal tea to maintain a healthy and radiant skin. Also one ancient use of rose petal tea is drinking it for the relief of menstrual cramps.
5) Green tea has high in antioxidant and vitamins and traditional used in Chinese and Indian medicine to control bleeding, aid digestion, improve heart and mental health. Recent studies has shown green tea can potentially have positive effects on everything from weight loss, liver disorders and type 2 diabetes.
6) Chrysanthemum are used for medicinal purpose as a cooling herb. It is believed to be effective in treating circulatory disorders, prevention of sore throat and aid in recovery from influenza and acne.